giovedì, novembre 30, 2006

To Live and Die in Eugene

Dear Eugene,

So I've lived in your fair city for over two months now* and I have some issues I'd like to voice... er, write.

1. Radio stations.
Now, I appreciate the availability of KWVA- the local college station- anytime I feel like listening to random undiscovered music and other assorted randomness, you are most often there for me. And NPR, how can one live without NPR? The country stations are decent, as is the oldies/classic rock. But your rock stations suck. Could we possibly listen to something other than Mudvayne? Maybe some Radiohead, some Wilco, some Sufjan Stevens, some anything? Portland has 94.7, it broadcasts all the way past Salem, why can't they just go a bit further? Or perhaps you, Eugene, could take the iniative and start playing decent music.

That would be great, thanks.

2. Drivers
Now okay, I admit, I'm from California, and am therefore biased to a let's say, speedier point of view. And, honestly, I'm fine with the drivers who prefer to take things slow. (Even if driving 5+ miles under the speed limit does seem a little obscene) But if you're going to be slow and annoying, could perhaps try not to kill me?! I don't think this is asking too much. Maybe everyone could stay in their lanes, look before they merge, oh and even, I don't know, use their blinkers?!

Seriously.

3. The rain/weather
Ohmygod. Anytime you want to stop, that would be wonderful. Oh, and then when its blessedly not pouring down apocolyptically on my head, maybe it could be... warm? And by warm, I mean perhaps more than 35 degrees? Also (and this just might be me), but my hair has been super staticky... so if you could do something about that too, it would be great, thanks.

Brr....

4. Darimarts.

Is there something about Darimarts that just screams "meth heads! homeless men wearing quilts! grandmothers who buy steel reserve with their young impressionable grandchildren in tow! come one, come all!" I only wish I made this up, and hadn't, on several different occasions seen all of the aforementioned people at one Darimart or another.

On second though, maybe I'll just stop going to the Darimarts...

Okay, so that's all can I think of for now. But Eugene, you should now know that you're On Notice for these infractions. I expect to see some changes soon.


your pal, Alexandra


*so to be fair, technically I live in Springfield, which is basically Eugene, just with more meth heads.

Nessun commento: