lunedì, novembre 13, 2006

My old post is new again (its so postmodern)

Um, I meant to post this two weeks ago and... Apparently didn't. Yay me.

I went to Claremont and I all I got was this Cat o' nine tails..


... and a cowboy hat... and a gumby dreidel... and a whole lot of random memories (with pictures!)

Last Saturday I flew down to Southern California to visit family, friends, and In-n-Out (possibly the most important of all). After a fog-laden drive up to Portland (I literally did not see the sun until I was in the plane, flying into the sky) and an excellent adventure with airport security (where the twa man told me to get new shoes... thanks), I was once again in the balmy land of Claremont.

Er, actually I was at the Ontario Airport, where my wonderful friend Tina picked me up, only to drop me off at the mall. Yes, the mall. I was there to meet up with other friends, not because I missed the Montclair Plaza. We decided it was quite the '909' thing to do though. After being thoroughly frightened by the state of today's youth, I found my other friends and all was right with the world. Actually, all became truly right when I got myself (courtesy of Michael and Seth) to that all holy site of goodness and wonderfulness: In-n-Out. And it never tasted better.


We also went to Trader Joes, where I found two buck chuck at its normal and right price, two dollars! (Oregon, you're still on notice for that one)



We found this at the Halloween store. And were probably way too amused.

After that, I headed back to Claremont, saw some more friends, wandered the streets with Chris and a beer and got myself prepared for the evening's festivities. This preparation included an emergency visit to Tara's as I tried to make a boy's haircut out of a women's wig. Oh, then we had to take pictures on campus. So for all those whom drove up College Ave around 6:30 that Saturday, yes that was me on the statue. And yes, I actually was dressed up for Halloween.



(My costume was Mark from Rent, so basically I looked like a guy who liked to wear flannel and had a really, supremely bad blond haircut, who also liked to take pictures on the CGU wall)


I met up with everyone at Elaine's house for pizza and wine before the main event (part one); Terence's annual kick ass Halloween party.













Good times were had by all. Especially Jesus.

Nessun commento: