mercoledì, ottobre 27, 2004

The ironies of my life

So I had a job interview yesterday (because apparently I don't have enough jobs and need more). It was at the School of Theology, in the Center for Process Studies. Went really well, except for the whole we can't hire you part. Not for a lack of talent, experience, etc on my part, no because of the government. See, I qualify for work-study (thank you grad school), there are a boat load of work-study jobs available, the school wants students to have work study, but the government, well, they don't really want to give up any money. Which, yes, is a problem. In fact, money has been cut by 46% in the past two years. So now, even though I've basically been hired, I'm #18 on the waiting list, and have to wait for 18 current students to graduate, leave, or be somehow kicked out of school so I can actually work at the job that I was hired for. Thank you federal government. But the experience was not an utter waste, as I did learn about the history student who, after being found wandering around campus wearing a only garbage bag, was asked to leave last year. And I thought going grey (which I seriously am, therefore giving me another thing to stress over, which then leads to more grey hair, and the vicious cycle continues) was bad... at least I'm not wearing a trash bag... yet.

Nessun commento: