domenica, ottobre 08, 2006

So how do you start a post on a blog that you haven't written in for months? I have absolutely no idea. So here's a random image. It makes me laugh. And you should too.



So anyway, these past few months have been good despite the lack of documenting them. I got to ride everyday, and while there were definite moments of aggravation (mostly from horses who thought it would be more fun to do their own thing rather than listen to their rider) I really can't complain. I mean how can you, when you're doing something that you love, and getting paid (albeit not as much as I would have liked) to boot? Of course now the conviction that this is exactly what I want to do with the rest of my life is stronger than ever. How I'm going to pull this off is still undecided however. *sigh*

La Grande was a good place to spend the summer. I'm glad it wasn't longer though. While it was beautiful, and many of the people very nice, it can be a tough place to live. Especially if you want to go to an art museum, or a bookstore, or a coffee shop. Or perhaps meet someone your age who doesn't a) live with his parents still or b) have children of his own or c) have a mullet. But like I said, I got to play polo, so I guess you win some, you lose some, right?

I did quite a bit of traveling as well this summer. Some for polo, some for random adventures. Visiting Claremont is always wonderful (as is spending time with my good friends) and also sad at the same time (because everytime I go, I know its only for a short bit of time and that soon I'll be leaving). There's a German word for this feeling, right? I just can't think of it right now.

Which also reminds me, I am doing okay not being in school! This is my first class-free fall, and it is not good. Which makes me even more certain that I want to go back to school. Now if I can just convince myself to be alright with making a definite decision... *sigh*

So now I'm in Eugene, working at a non-profit, living in a duplex, meeting interesting people. The summer is definitely over, and fall has brought some changed. Mostly good, which is nice. I'm excited to be an urban area once again. Of course I miss riding everyday- a lot. But all in all its good.



This is from my new favorite artist-Banksy. He's a British graffiti artist in the vein of Shepard Farley and basically gives me hope for the artworld of today. He went to Palestine, and under the cover of police protection (a definite irony) worked on the (horrible) wall Israel erected. Very cool stuff.

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

"Schadenfreude"