martedì, ottobre 17, 2006

my amazing work ethic strikes again

So this is what happens when I feel crappy (ie. sickness in my throat = not good), my bosses leave early, and I have no worth ethic (although to be fair that last condition is basically me everyday). I end up finding random sites on the internet and subsequently come across fun stories. For example:

Drunk Norwegian breaks into prison

OSLO, Norway - In a different kind of jail break, a very drunk young man surprised prison guards by breaking into their northern Norway jail. "You might say we were a bit perturbed to find this person on our turf," prison warden Geir Broen said on the state radio network NRK on Monday.
Broen said the district prison in the Arctic town of Bodoe is rebuilding its outer fence, and that the man broke through a section of temporary fencing.

The weak fence is of no help to real prisoners seeking a way out, since they are confined within the walls of the jail compound.

The Norwegian, identified only as being in his 20s, was apparently was trying to find his way home after a Friday night party.
"I don't think this guy knew where he was, and he was pretty well under the influence," Broen said on the radio.

When police came to pick up the man to take him home, he told them he thought he was in Moerkved, a neighborhood about 6 miles east of the prison.

"I guess you could say this was notable day in the history of the Bodoe Jail," Broen said. "But I hope we don't have many similar incidents in the future."


(giving credit where credit is due, I found the story at: http://fuknus.chrisdamitio.com/)

On an unrelated note, today I got yelled at on the phone (when the person they were trying to reach was unavailable, the person on the phone decided it would be nice to freak out on me) and also had an interesting conversation with a man who told me it was both 9am and 7pm. What exactly am I supposed to say in these occurrences?

Nessun commento: