mercoledì, ottobre 11, 2006

eyeballs and other life issues

Is it possible for an eye to hurt? As in the actual eyeball? I swear my left one is having some serious issues. And we all know how I already have some serious issues with all things optical, this does not a good day make.

Apparently this is also a day for not making sense.

But alas, I shall strive to struggle on.

So last week, being the over-achiever that I am, I decided to have a quarter-life crisis and basically question everything I was doing with said life. At one point, while talking to my mom, I thought it would be a good idea to confide in her. She was actually (surprisingly) supportive of my life as I know it and confidant that I was doing the right things, etc etc.

But now, I swear, she and my father have been calling me everyday with ideas for what I could do with my life; both short term and long. So far they've come up with ides like:
I should create an art exhibit here in Oregon, and then "shop it" to our governator.
Or I should contact the History Channel and develop a series for them based on my thesis.
Apparently I could also create an Oregonian Art Ark program (never mind the confidentiality clauses I signed at the Crocker) and travel to local schools with it.

Now, I love my parents, and think their ideas are actually kind of cool. But the actuality of me implementing them is slightly far-fetched, right? Like I'm going to just call up Arnold and say "hi, I have cool arts program, want to give me some money for it?"

Than again, crazier things have happened. Congress recently passed a bill that allocates 20 million dollars for a giant victory party for when we win the war in Iraq.

So there you go. Maybe when we have that giant party, I'll have figured out what to do with my life.

1 commento:

Jason ha detto...

You sound a lot like me right now. Good luck in your search for your true calling, and may it not be in office work.