mercoledì, giugno 08, 2005

random observances from work...

Okay I need to get out more. Seriously. Its summer and my nerdiness has risen to new heights. I'm currently at work (with little hopes for escape for another hour and half, hence the blogging), doing some lovely data entry. Basically I'm typing up numbers from one excel file into another excel file, only (here's the kicker!) the new one is horizontal while the old one is vertical! Madness I tell you, sheer madness!
So anyway, the numbers are sales amounts of the stores for each day and are mostly in the low thousands. I've noticed that whenever the numbers resemble a historic date I start trying to remember what happened in the year. Like for 1863.56, I would think of Manet's painting of Olympia or for 1939.24, I think of Germany invading Poland and the start World War II. My inner (hell, who am I kidding, I've never been able to hide this) history geek is rearing its date-loving-historical-fact-quoting head. I've been doing this all week and have been pefectly entertained. Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?

Nessun commento: