giovedì, settembre 29, 2005

TGIT (thank goodness its Thursday!)

Yesterday I woke up and thought it was Saturday and I was happy. But then I realized that no, it wad actualy Wednesday, and I had to study for a quiz and go to class. And I was no longer happy. This has been one long week, and athough its technically Thursday, I'm done with classes for the week, so I can breathe a slight sigh of relief. It wasn't a bad week, just an incredibly busy week-mostly because I was hugely unproductive on the weekend, so there was a lot of ctach up involved. Tara and I went looking for culture in Los Angeles, and lo and behold, actually managed to stumble upon some! (of course, I also stumbled upon some sketchy streets populated with even sketchier people in downtown LA, but I figure you win some, you lose some, right?) We went to see the Basquiat retrospective at the MOCA, which was AWESOME! Seriously, if you’re in the LA area in the next few weeks, go! Excellent art, excellent show. The best part was that the museum was staying open late that night, and had a bunch of activities going on, including a “make you own Basqiat inspired artwork.” So of course I did. And as you can see, it truly is a masterpiece.















Tara made some prety awesome art as well:

After the art extravanaganza we walked over to see "Stew Rice" a play about three fri
ends in Hawaii in 1958. It was an interesting walk to the theatre, as we had to traverse the streets of downtown Los Angeles-which is not something I reccommend as a nightime activity. But all was well, and the play was tons of fun.
Unfortuanetly, the good times put me in a severe deficit as far as my studies were concerned, so this has been a long week of late nights and early mornings. But somehow I managed to get everything done, and now its the weekend again! Hopefully, I'll be a better student (and actually be productive)... I suppose only time will tell :)

Nessun commento: