mercoledì, gennaio 26, 2005

A short rant

Parent's hide your children. Don't let them near the tv. Run for the hills. The terror is upon us. Spongebob Squarepants is gay. And not just in the he's happy to be living in his pineapple under the sea sort of gay. No, I'm talking about the sweet sweet same sex loving sort of gay. Spongebob was alledging seen in a "We Are Family" remake video promoting his special brand of love, alongside such other shady characters as Barney (also gay, hence the purple suit) and Clifford (the big red communist!) I guess Tinky Winky converted him. But seriously, I'm in shock that a) people continue to read entirely too much into cartoon characters (c'mon, they're cartoon characters, half the time they're not even supposed to make sense!) and b) that in a video made to promote diversity and harmony that its wrong to include a supposedly gay character. Because they don't deserve to be treated the same as everyone else. The last time I checked, this was the 21st century, not 1950, right? Now I know I definitely lean towards the liberal side of life, but this is really going too far. I'm not saying that everyone has to agree and promote everyone else's ideologies, but I think a certain amount of respect between people can be reached. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking... but I hope not.

Nessun commento: