venerdì, gennaio 21, 2005

the glamorous life of a grad student...

"You know you need money!
Marky, give us a call!
Sell us your soul!
Just... kidding!"

Okay, so it's Friday and once again, I'm being a bad employee at work. Shocking, I know. Well, I officially started my spring semester this past week, and so far it's going pretty well. That might have something to do with the fact that I've only had one class (my others are on Monday), but hey, who's counting? Anyhow, things are going pretty well down here in SoCal. The weather has even mellowed a bit- it was freakin' 80+ degrees here last week. Seriously. I wore a skirt and sandals the other day, in January. Not that I'm complaining per se, I definitely prefer this weather to the other options of snowstorms etc. that can be found in the rest of the country. But still, you have to admit, it's very unnatural... My cold has receded to a minor annoyance, and it seems that my family is also on the road to various recoveries, for which I'm thankful. The only blight on this otherwise happy day would be the lack of my paycheck. I feel as if a limb is missing- the limb that pays for things. My boss- who for the record is crazy (not kidding on this one; the other day he called the office to ask what time it was. No explanation. Just demanded the time and then hung up.) doesn't know where the checks are. He's also not here right now, so that may have something to do with it. The other guy who handles administrative issues is also gone and also has no idea where my money is. So that leaves me who, as you can guess, is also wondering where my monetary goodness could be. I'm a little worried, mostly because I'm really depending on that check so I can buy my friend Patricia a wedding present for the wedding, which is in a week! So thats how my week has been, warm and poor. Come to think of it, that's how most of my weeks are... interesting.

Nessun commento: