venerdì, dicembre 10, 2004

ranting about rain

So other night, after watching some quality WB-esqe programing, I started to watch the Channel 5 ten o'clock news. Now to preface this story, Channel 5 is one of the lesser known LA nightly news programs; local, but not excessivly so. So anyhow, the news comes on with its lead story. And what could this most important information about the day story be? Its raining. Seriously. That was the top story- rain. Perhaps there was a lot of rain, a torrential downpour or apocolyptical type rainfall, you might be thinking. No, there wasn't even an inch of rain on the ground. The guy who was reporting this late-breaking story live (from my home town of Moorpark no less) was standing in a light mist. I wish I was making this up. This was a Los Angeles news station, and apparently, the most important thing that happened in the entire Los Angeles basin (with over three million people living in a relatively large area) is that it rained. Sort of. I know here in SoCal, people get freaked out by the rain, and maybe after living in other places where weather can get a whole lot more extreme might have made me somewhat cynical. But seriously, I'm almost certain that there might have been more important stories to be told on the freakin' nightly news.

Nessun commento: