martedì, agosto 11, 2009

Blogging as procrastinating (who knew?)

Well, its official. Summer is just about over. As of next Monday I will once again be known primarily as Ms. Dove ("you don't look like an Alexandra, you just look like a Ms. Dove") and will once again shape and mold the youth of America (well, a few hundred of them at least).

So what am I doing with my final week? Preparing? Lesson planning? Organizing papers, etc.? Of course not! Instead I'm making a cell phone jail. Yes, that's right. A jail for cell phones. There are very few things that really get under my skin and bother me about my students. 1. homophobic slurs 2. disrespectful attitudes 3. texting in my class. I can't do too much about #1 & 2 (not that I don't dream of large pieces of duct tape and/or the Panopticon ), but I'm taking #3 into my own hands (damnit)! I'm not too certain of the success rate of this proposed cell jail (ha!), only time will tell I suppose. But at least I can procrastinate with slightly less guilt now.

In other unrelated news...
I joined a kickball team this morning. And then realized that Alexandra + sports = not always the best combination. But it should be interesting at least, and I'll probably acquire some more entertaining stories of how my lack of coordination led to me falling down in front of a large group of people as they gasped in horror. Good times.

Contemplating growing out my bangs and/or shaving my head. Thoughts?

This spring I'll be teaching a health class. While I'm not (at all!) stoked to be giving up a history class, I imagine the randomness of such a venture will be worth the extra planning, etc.


Okay, back to my jail construction.

Nessun commento: