mercoledì, agosto 13, 2008

oooh, a teaching post

Had another orientation where I was told such valuable tidbits as "don't give your keys to your students" and "don't sexually harass your students." So yes as you can imagine, it was a truly worthwhile experience. All in all though, the day did get me thinking about stuff I probably should be thinking about, what my first day being Monday(!) Also, I re-signed my contract (yay for full time! All benefits covered! Higher salary! More days off!)

I had my first nervous freak out tonight. I was wondering when that was going to start happening again. Oh yay, its starting now. Finally started writing my syllabus though, which has made me feel more settled. Tomorrow, I'll be spending the day at school getting some "professional development." I'm hoping this will somehow include coffee and muffins.

In other news, I got my keys to my first period classroom. And now I'm slightly afraid of the maintenance man at Burlingame. There were several threats as he handed the keys over, my favorite of which was "if you don't hand this key directly back to me at the end of the year, I will hunt you down over the summer." I'm pretty sure I don't want to find out if he was kidding or not.

2 commenti:

Elizabeth ha detto...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!! You'll be awesome!!

Anonimo ha detto...

Congratulations, friend! Teaching is -- well, interesting to say the least. How are your students? Mine are in hardcore panic about college applications. Remember that old good time?